2016

 

2015

 

2014

 

2013

 

2012

 

2011

 

2010

 

2009

 

Archives

   
20162015201420132012201120102009Archives
UPDATE OF LIUHUANGGOU CBM PROJECT IN CHINA
 
UPDATE OF LIUHUANGGOU CBM PROJECT IN CHINA

Thursday, 01 November 2012

Petromin Resources Ltd (the "Company") is pleased to announce that TerraWest Energy Corp (TWE”), is moving forward with exploration activities in the field at its Liuhuanggou coalbed methane (CBM”) project (2012 Field Program) in Xinjiang, The Peoples Republic of China (China) The 2012 Field Program involves drilling, casing and completing production wells at two key selected locations.

 

Drilling at well LHG12-02 is expected to begin on 2 November 2012.  The well is located in the  vicinity  of  previously  drilled  well  LHG10-02  which  intersected  multiple  gas-bearing Jurassic Badaowan (J1B) coal seams and shale The control well for the 2010 well was a coring drill-hole which provided core samples for testing and analysis in China and North America Several gas-bearing targets were identified based on the sampling and analysis results.

 

Well  LHG12-02  is  located  such  that  a  multiple  pilot  production  configuration  can  be considered in the future Completion of the well and any subsequent testing of target coal seams and formations will follow after evaluation of results.

 

Drilling at location LHG12-01 will follow in due course. Well LHG12-01 is located in the vicinity  of  previously  drilled  well  LHG10-01  which  intersected  over  65  metres  ogas- bearing Jurassic Xishanyao (J2X) coal seams during the 2010 field program.  Well LHG 10-

01 was successfully tested in early 2011 and produced water and gas from coal seams over a

three-month period. The location of well LHG12-01 is such that the hydrogeology of the target coal seams can be further evaluated and tested relative to the previously drilled well. Completion of the well and any subsequent testing of target coal seams and formations will follow after evaluation of results.

 

The well locations are accessible by existing paved highways and side roads and any required side road upgrade work is currently underway using local contractors. It is expected that CBM drilling operations will run for several weeks.

 

Earlier field programs included geological reconnaissance and mapping, coring drill-holes, pilot production wells and testing. As previously reported, an independent third party evaluatio according   to reporting   standar Nationa Instrument   51-101   Standards   of


Disclosure for Oil and Gas Activities (NI 51-101) provided gross (100%) estimates of CBM Discovered Gas Initially in Place contained in the target coal seams within a defined area ranging from (low) 70.00 billion cubic feet (Bcf) to (best) 147.43Bcf to (high) 514.07 Bcf.

 

Please visit the Company’s website www.petromin.ca under “Announcements” (“Updates on the Liuhuanggou CBM Project”) for the further independent third party evaluation according to the  Petroleum Resources Management System of  the  Society  of  Petroleum  Engineers’ Best Estimate Original Gas in Place. This updating evaluation covered the target coal seams outside the previously evaluated area and all other prospective formations (including shale gas) for the entire PSC (hereinafter defined) area.

 

As at the date hereof, the Company holds 22.28% of the current issued common shares and preferred shares in the capital of TWE. TWE holds a 47% interest in and is the operator of the Liuhuanggou  CBM production sharing contract (“PSC) located in the Junggar Basin of Xinjiang, ChinaChina National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) holds the remaining 53% of the PSC.  The PSC is now administered by PetroChina Coalbed Methane Company Ltd., an indirect subsidiary of CNPC.  The PSC covers 653 square kilometres (255 square miles) and is located adjacent to the city of Urumqi, the capital of Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China
Subscribe to stay up-to-date on Petromin's latest announcements and official news releases.

name:

email:

profile:

Investor

Investment broker

Analyst

Media

Other

TWE 2009 Liuhuanggou CBM Program
 
Learn more >

Petromin attends 2007 World Energy & Chemicals Exhibition Conference (WECEC) in Kuwait
 
Learn more >
© 2008 Petromin Resources Ltd. All rights reserved. | tsx.v : PTR
contact us|disclaimer